Q: When start out driving when accelerate does good to 2000 rpm and then when go to accelerate more it drops off and have to let off

My Buick . When I start driving I hit gas peddle and does good then when go to accelerate more it's like it drops off , then I let off peddle and start again . As long as hit gas peddle up to 2000 rpm it's good until I go to accelerate more and same issue

A: Hello. From what you describe, it would app...

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing some sort of engine performance issues. Problems accelerating under load can be caused by many things. A few common causes are issues with the ignition, engine management, or fuel systems. If any components to those systems, such as an ignition coil, module, sensor, or fuel pump, have an issue, they can cause the engine to experience problems under load. If the Check Engine Light is on, I would recommend having the trouble codes scanned to see if that may shed some light on the issue. If the check engine light is not on, then the first thing I would do is test the vehicle's fuel pressure, as fuel pressure issues can sometimes occur without the light coming on. A certified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the acceleration issue for you in person to pinpoint the appropriate repair.