Q: Hi, I am hearing a very loud "rolling thunder" noise while driving that gets louder at higher speeds.. What could be the issue?

No noise at idle, "rolling thunder" noise gets louder as speed increases... Just wondering possible causes and how serious... Thank you!!

Hello. There are several components that will cause these noises when accelerating. Typically they are related to the exhaust system. You may be experiencing an exhaust leak for one option. This can occur when a hole has found its way into any part of the system. Holes can form as a result of rust, damage, or a failed connection. They are not terribly uncommon. Has the vehicle driven any differently since this started? Did this happen suddenly or was it gradual? Your muffler is also a critical component that is designed to quiet down the noise from the exhaust. If this has failed the engine will sound louder and have an undeniable "rumble". Do a full inspection of the exhaust system and use your results to help identify the problem.

• Hi, I am hearing a very loud "rolling thunder" noise while driving that gets louder at higher speeds.. What could be the issue?