Q: Can an exited ring and speed sensor cause shifting problem

Exciter ring rusted off and also ripped off speed censor

Hello.

If a component rusted off and damaged the speed sensor, then yes, the vehicle may possibly experience issues shifting. The speed sensor plays an important role in the vehicle’s shifting behavior, and can cause issues if it breaks or malfunctions. Shifting problems can also be caused by a wide variety of other issues, so I would recommend having a professional technician from YourMechanic inspect the shifting problem.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic

3. Can an exited ring and speed sensor cause shifting problem