Knock sensor P0332 2004 Chevrolet Express 2500 express 2...

Q: Knock sensor P0332 2004 Chevrolet Express 2500

asked by on March 18, 2017

Hello I have a 04 chevy cargo van 4.8L. Van has engine code p0332 . I have changed out both knock sensors , and also the harness. Cleared the codes and a couple days later comes back. Changed plugs wires and coils . Light still on . About every two months the light goes off for a day or so then comes back . Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Hi there - the P0332 problem code indicates a "low signal", which can mean a bad knock sensor, but it can also mean "no signal", as in, a wiring problem. Check the connections to the sensor for good connectivity, and look for chafed or broken wires on the engine wiring harness (not easy on an Express van!). If no obvious fault is found, it will be time to start checking the signal at the ECU and working backwards to the sensor. I recommend a electrical component failure performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.