Q: After part replacements, spark plugs do not work - 1996 Lexus LX450

My car does not seem to be getting fire to the spark plugs and it will not start. I installed the control module, distributor cap, rotor, ignition coil, spark plugs, and spark plug wires. I can’t figure out why the spark plugs are not getting any spark. My car does turn over, but it just will not start. What can I do next to get the spark plugs functioning normally?

If you have a Check Engine Light on, first check for those codes to determine what engine management thinks is going on. If no trouble code, check the ignition fuse behind the driver side kick panel (carpeted panel at foot level on the left - for left-hand drive vehicles). If the engine is spinning quickly, and doesn’t appear to be meeting any resistance (as a motor with good compression would have), you may have a broken timing belt. If so - STOP, call a professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic for help.