Q: Car dead in driveway.

I replaced the battery, control module, and some other items. The car stopped working and has been parked in my driveway for over a year. I need to find out what is wrong and what to do to get it running again, if possible.

Hello, With all the parts that were replaced it hard to say what is causing not to run. There are many control unit on cars now that need to be programmed or they won’t work correctly. You’re probably going to need the aid of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to help solve the problem. Also knowing which control unit you replaced would be helpful for the mechanic before he or she comes out. If it’s a control unit that requires programming you will probably have to have it towed to a dealer or a shop that has access to the factory scan tool in order to program the control unit.

3. Car dead in driveway.