Q: Draining battery and blowing air sound when car is turned off 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

My Jeep has been having a difficult time starting and once it is started it idles rough. Today when I got to work I noticed an air blowing sound coming from under my car when I turned it off and got out of the car. It was a very cold morning (-6 windchill) so I didn't think too much into it. I thougham be it was from the heater running so high and it being so cold out. When I left work 8 hours later my car was dead. I had it jump started and took it home. When I got home I noticed the same air blowing noise. The noise continued throughout the evening (I'd go check it every so often) and 6 hours later my car was dead again.

Hello - based on your symptom information, your Jeep has the air suspension, and the noise you hear is air leaking, with the compressor continuing to run, draining your battery. This could be due to a failed switch in the air suspension, leaky valve in one of the air struts, or a failure in one of the air lines. I would recommend a suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Draining battery and blowing air sound when car is turned off 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee