Q: Truck leaking oil after adding product.

I bought an extended warranty through Service Protection Direct and they sent me a product called Enhanced Protector 5/100 PLUS. I was required to put that in my truck in order for the warranty to be valid. Ever since, the oil gauge registers on H all of the time and I have noticed a few drops of oil under my truck. It has never leaked oil before.

The oil additive is supposed to cover any mechanical part the product touches excluding seals unless they need replaced with a covered part. This means your seals by themselves are not covered. The oil pressure gauge reading H all the time may be an oil pressure sending unit is defective or the oil pressure relief valve is stuck on the oil pump. I suggest having the oil leaks checked and the oil pressure system checked for problems. I would recommend having a mechanic, like the certified ones at YourMechanic, come and check it out for you to see if this is the only problem.