Q: Why do I have a knocking/grinding sound coming from the front left tire area on my 2007 GMC Envoy

I have 2007 Gmc Envoy. There is a knocking/grinding sound coming from the front left tire area. We had a friend of ours look at it we replaced the brakes and rotors. That didn't work. He checked all possible outcomes like ball joints and suspension and cant figure out what is the problem Please help!!

Clunking or knocking noise from wheels Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. If the noise only occurs when going over bumps then it is possible that you have an issue with the strut on the suspension or an issue with the ABS kicking in. I would really need to know when the noise occurs. It can also be caused by a failing hub bearing. If the vehicle is 4 wheel drive then the issue may be with the front axle or the actuator for the 4 wheel drive system. I would usually get the vehicle in the air and check these parts for noise. If you are going to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose where the noise is coming from]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/clunking-or-knocking-noise-from-wheels-inspection