Q: Gap between car stereo and dashboard

After installing a Pyle double din car stereo, there's about 3/16" gap between it and dashboard on both left and right side, and a gap on top. Is this a normal problem for most stereo brand or I need to get a different brand stereo?

A: Hello. While DIN and Double-DIN standards s...

Hello. While DIN and Double-DIN standards specify height, width, depth, etc. of audio equipment packaging standards, it does not take into account any trim dimensions - which may not be the same for all manufacturers. I would check back with Pyle, or the distributor who sold you this unit, to see if they can offer a trim piece or any other solution.