Q: Car cannot be started

Hi. My car has around 40,000 miles and difficulty starting that occurs usually after the car has been sitting for a few hours. I had to jump it several times to get it to start. The last time I tried it couldn't be started. I was able to open the door with the keyless entry and noticed the interior lights working. The exterior ones don't flash however. What should I do? Is there some serious issue with the engine? Please give me some advice. Thanks.

A: Hello. It sounds like your car’s battery is...

Hello. It sounds like your car’s battery is starting to go bad or is bad already. It doesn’t sound like a serious problem with the engine exists. In addition to the possibility that you have a bad battery, it is also possible that the alternator is not charging properly, which may cause the battery to be weak. It would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to pinpoint why your battery is dead. Our mechanics are mobile and can provide this inspection at your home or office.