Q: Car cannot be started

Hi. My car has around 40,000 miles and difficulty starting that occurs usually after the car has been sitting for a few hours. I had to jump it several times to get it to start. The last time I tried it couldn't be started. I was able to open the door with the keyless entry and noticed the interior lights working. The exterior ones don't flash however. What should I do? Is there some serious issue with the engine? Please give me some advice. Thanks.

Hello. It sounds like your car’s battery is starting to go bad or is bad already. It doesn’t sound like a serious problem with the engine exists. In addition to the possibility that you have a bad battery, it is also possible that the alternator is not charging properly, which may cause the battery to be weak. It would be a good idea to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to pinpoint why your battery is dead. Our mechanics are mobile and can provide this inspection at your home or office.