Q: Car died after jerking.

My car stopped suddenly while I was driving on the highway after jerking several times.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This car and engine combination has had multiple problems that could be the cause of your stalling. The fuel pump, crank sensor, engine control module, coil pack and ignition module. All these could be the cause of a stall when driving at highway speeds. Now if it is a problem that it jerks when coming off the highway and coming to a stop it jerks and stalls then it is the lock up transmission solenoid causing this. The transmission does not release the lock up converter and engine would stall. Once it stalled it would restart right up and then drive normal. I would recommend having a mechanic, like the certified ones at YourMechanic, come and check it out for you to see what is causing the problem.