Q: I put extra one quart of oil in my car. Is it OK to drive as usual?

I drive to work everyday about 40 miles round trip.

The engine oil level should not be maintained above the "full" mark on the engine oil dipstick because such can result in a circumstance where the rapidly turning crankshaft entrains the excess oil and whips it up into a froth. In that condition, oil will not pump properly through the engine and that can cause inadequate engine lubrication and engine damage. As the oil is pumped, there cannot be air entrained in the oil. If the oil level is too high, simply drain some off by opening the drain plug. If you desire that your oil level be checked, adjusted and/or possibly changed as well, simply request an engine oil/filter change and the responding mechanic will come to your location and address all your concerns. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. I put extra one quart of oil in my car. Is it OK to drive as usual?