Q: Air conditioning not working

My AC unit is not working in my truck. When I turn it on, it sounds like it's blowing, but only out of the passenger side vents and no cold air is coming out. What can I do to fix this?

A: Hi there: AC problems always seem to pop u...

Hi there:

AC problems always seem to pop up when it's hot outside and we can least afford the problem. Based on what you're describing, the air conditioner problem with your Chevy K1500 AC system might simply be caused by low refrigerant or needing to be recharged.

Other common issues that cause similar symptoms include a broken condenser, problems with the AC clutch cycling switch, or the coolant being blocked.

A good idea may be to contact a local ASE certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect the issue with your AC in order to get it up and running again.