Q: Rear right brake lights. 2000 GMC C2500

I am having some problems with my lights when I apply my brakes on my truck. My rear lights all work, but when I turn on the lights the rear right side light doesn’t work when I apply the brakes. The blinker will flash very fast when I put on the turn signal, too. I also have running lights. Do you have any idea how I can fix the lights so they all work and the blinker is normal? Thank you.

A: Hello there. Brake and turn signal light fa...

Hello there. Brake and turn signal light faults are one of the most common repairs on the 2000 GMC C2500. The brake light bulbs are a dual filament bulb. One side is lit all the time when the vehicle’s headlights are on. The other is the bright side that lights up when the brakes are pressed. From your description, it appears the brake light bulb may have failed and needs to be replaced. For the turn signal blinking quickly, in almost all cases, this is also a sign that the bulb has failed on that side which blinks too fast. Another possible cause would be a wiring fault, turn signal stalk failure, or a flasher fault. To have all of this corrected, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the lights and make the correct repairs.