Q: Fuel Pump

I just had a fuel pump installed on my 2012 Malibu and it worked fine for 2 starts. Now, when I try to start, it only turns over and doesnt even try to send fuel. Is there a relay I can check/change?

If you have a brand new fuel pump, I would recommend trying a few things. First, I would verify that the connections to the fuel pump are fully plugged in and that no wiring issues exist. Next, I would check the fuel pressure to make sure it is at the manufacturer’s specification. Finally, I would check the fuel pump relay that is under the hood in the power distribution box. If the relay has failed, I would recommend replacing it. You can test the relay by swapping it with a similar relay to a known working circuit.