Q: Why do I smell gas in the car?

I smell gas and the car jerks when I accelerate

3. Why do I smell gas in the car?

Q: The car while driving just dies on me and now can't get it to start again, and the OBll code is p0452 ( evaporative emission contr

Hi there. Is there fuel in the tank? Is the fuel gauge accurate? It sounds like you're either out of gas or the fuel pump may have failed. The stored code that you have will not generally cause the vehicle...

Q: Is there a smell which develops in a car when the catalytic converter starts to go bad?

Hi there. If there is a rotten egg or sulfur type of smell then most of the time this is caused by a failure in the catalytic converter. When these fail and become too hot they will smell like this....

Q: Plugs coming out black but not oilly

This is a sign of a rich fueling condition. This can happen for many different reasons, such as a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor, leaking fuel injectors, a failing catalytic converter or a bad O2 sensor. All of...