Q: Why do I smell gas in the car?

I smell gas and the car jerks when I accelerate

Q: My Check Engine Light came on and when you push the gas it starts fluttering and shaking

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on...

Q: Sound issues and gas smell from car.

An exhaust leak could definitely cause a noise during startup and a smell complaint from passengers. Ask for help from a mechanic to check the integrity of your exhaust system and check for any leaks.

Q: Why would a truck crank but not start until a plug wire is removed?

The engine may have a shorted spark plug that is shorting the coil out. I would recommend replacing the spark plugs first then replace the coil pack if it continues to not start. If you need help with this, a...