Q: Problem with wiring harness

asked by on February 10, 2016

I am having a problem with the wiring harness on my car. Some of the wires are cut and I don't know where they go. It is also idling roughly.

When you say some wires are cut I would need to get an idea of the location of the cut wires and how they got cut? Do you have critters chewing the wires under the hood? I have seen mice chew the wiring in the engine and passenger compartment. This can cause various problems from runs rough or not at all. Charging system problems and lighting issues. My recommendation is to have a certified mechanic, like one from Your Mechanic, to come and inspect the car’s rough idle and wiring harness.