Q: Hi there ! My dash said rear access open , but it's close and I can open it anymore

I have a Cadillac Escalade 2009 , the dash light saying ( rear access open) but it's close, and I can't even open it , all my inside light open too , what's going on please thank you

Hi there:

There is an electrical sensor that is located underneath the rear door that sometimes fails; due to exposure to elements or perhaps being struck by something. When this sensor fails, it tends to illuminate this warning light on the dashboard; and can cause interior lights to stay lit. However, it could also be an electrical relay issue or mechanical problem with the rear door locks. The best way to diagnose this issue is to have a local mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an electrical problems inspection; so they can pinpoint why this is happening and recommend the right repairs be completed.

3. Hi there ! My dash said rear access open , but it's close and I can open it anymore