Q: Can you drive a car with a bad throttle body?

Check engine light need throttle body

Q: Possible throttle problem

If your battery has been disconnected or replaced recently, you may just need a relearn procedure performed by a professional scan tool. However, Infiniti throttle body assemblies are common failure items; it may need to be replaced. A diagnostic inspection...

Q: I was told to change my valve gasket and valve cover. Should I?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Five years is a bit on the early side to have a leaking valve cover gasket. The labor time is 3 hours to replace that gasket and YourMechanic typically charges around $400 (part and labor)...

Q: Check engine light on, lost engine power 2x, now get 5-6 mpg less..ideas?

You will need to have the engine computer scanned again to get the codes and then properly diagnose any codes that are received. Fuel evaporative codes may cause the truck to run richer than normal but should not cause the...