Q: Truck not starting after oil change

My son took his Ford Ranger in for an oil change and now it won't start sometimes. If it does start, it shuts off and won't start again unless he lets it sit for a while.

From the description provided, it seems that your son is experiencing a hard start condition on the Ford Ranger. The symptoms you describe can be duplicated by many different faulty components. These include parts such as a faulty fuel pressure regulator or a dirty idle air control valve. A more common problem I have seen on Rangers is an intermittently failing fuel pump. Chances are the oil change did not have anything to do with these symptoms. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and look at your son’s Ford Ranger. They will have the knowledge needed to check the fuel and ignition system and determine exactly what is causing your hard start condition. They will also be able to assist your son by performing the repairs needed to have that Ford Ranger start for your son every time.

3. Truck not starting after oil change