Q: Timing issues? Weird noise when accelerating.

asked by on November 12, 2016

It think the timing of my car may be off it makes this weird noise when my car accelerates

Hi there. Although it’s true that faulty or incorrect ignition timing will impact how smooth an engine runs, other issues like mass air flow sensors, O2 sensors and crankshaft position sensors can also cause similar symptoms. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mechanic complete an engine is running rough inspection. By allowing them to inspect your Hyundai, they can determine if the timing is the issue, make the appropriate adjustments, or recommend the best replacement procedures.