Q: The engine steams well but does not accelerate when pedalled

I parked the car without battery for 5 weeks and after putting battery the car starts and steams steadily but does not accelerate we have changed the electric pedal and the trottle sensor and no response

A: You will need to have the dealer register t...

You will need to have the dealer register the battery to the computer or the vehicle may not work correct and not charge the battery as it should. The new battery will need to be registered to your VIN in the computer. This is a BMW procedure that has to be done. If you’d like a second opinion on this, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your acceleration issue firsthand for an accurate repair.