Q: Oil pressure drops to zero when engine is hot and idling

After i have been driving for awhile and i come to a stop the oil pressure drops to zero and then when i rev the engine it goes back up to about 25. What is the problem?

Hello, This suggests that one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure problem.

3. Oil pressure drops to zero when engine is hot and idling