Q: Car starts then sputters and dies. Last longer if I give it gas, slowly dies after.

When I start the car it turns over and starts for a few seconds then sputters and dies. I was close to home so drove it about 4 blocks home, a lot of vibration when I was idle. Lessend when I put it in neautral or when I gave it gas. Next day I try it it initially dies quickly after sputtering. Runs for longer when press on my gas, then sputters and dies. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on how to get running again. Thanks.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The issue will need some further testing before we will know definitively. To begin, considering the symptoms, start by measuring your fuel pressure. If the pressure is weak, you want to replace the fuel pump and filter. If the pressure is fine, you are concerned with the air intake sensors. This would include the mass airflow sensor, air intake temperature sensor, and the MAP sensor if equipped. The throttle and throttle body may also need cleaning and inspection. From there, you can look into more complex issues. For help with this and any further testing needed, contact our service department.

3. Car starts then sputters and dies. Last longer if I give it gas, slowly dies after.