Q: Car makes whining noise when accelerating

My car is making a whining noise when I accelerate. It has been getting progressively worse over time. Someone told me the O-rings need to be replaced.

It sounds like the power steering has a low fluid level condition. Check the power steering fluid. If it is low, you have a leak. If the pump doesn’t have enough fluid it will make a strong whining noise that increases with engine speed. There are O-ring seals that often leak, or it could be the lines. I suggest having a trained technician take a look at it to determine where the noise is stemming from and make the necessary repairs to fix the issue.

3. Car makes whining noise when accelerating