Q: Acceleration and gas pedal problems.

It starts good but when you push on the gas it either does nothing like it's not connected to anything or when you push on the gas pedal it raps out in rpms. When you put it in drive and push on gas slightly, it takes off like you floored it. If you don't touch the gas pedal it just idles forward.

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your vehicle’s running condition.

3. Acceleration and gas pedal problems.