Do I have to pull motor to take my transmission out? 200...

Q: Do I have to pull motor to take my transmission out? 2001 Toyota Sienna

asked by on March 01, 2017

I have to replace the torque converter seal on my transmition. I needed to know if i have to pull out motor to get to the transmition out or if i can do it from under the car istead of taking the whole motor out as well.

Hello - no, you do not have to remove the engine in order to remove and service the transmission. As with most front-wheel drive vehicles, dropping any combination of the engine/transmission or both requires some extra equipment, and caution, but it is quite manageable. Unfortunately, replacing the torque converter seal is not a service YourMechanic offers at this time. Thanks for thinking of us though!