Q: Maintenance for spark plugs and belt. 2011 Honda Crosstour

The dealership told me I need to change my spark plugs and timing belt from 110,000 to 120,000 miles. And my owners manual said that I need to change them at 60,000 miles maximum! I am really worried that if I take the advice of the dealership my engine will completely cook. So who is right? The dealership or the manual? And what do you recommend?

Hello. The manufacturer’s manual is correct and it is best to follow their maintenance repair schedule. The dealership is probably telling you something different because they have seen spark plugs and timing belts last up to 110,000 to 120,000 miles without causing any problems to the engine. To be on the safe side, it’s a good idea to have the timing belt and spark plugs replaced every 60,000 miles. To have this repair done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician from YourMechanic will be able to perform these services at your home or office.