Q: Is it normal for the srs light to be on in my 2002 Honda Accord?

I bought a car about a two months ago with the srs light on. I thought it was normal about two days ago the side air bag came on and the next day it was off. I looked it up and now I think it's because of the srs light. How bad is this srs light on in my 2002 Accord?

The supplemental restraint system (SRS) light should come on momentarily when the ignition is turned on. It should then go out. If the light stays on continuously, there is a problem in the SRS system. The cause of the light could be anything from a failed clockspring to a faulty control module. However, one common problem with cars such as yours is the seat occupant sensor. This issue is so common that there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) on it, #SN030205. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair your SRS light.

3. Is it normal for the srs light to be on in my 2002 Honda Accord?