Q: Is it normal for the srs light to be on in my 2002 Honda Accord?

asked by on August 06, 2017

I bought a car about a two months ago with the srs light on. I thought it was normal about two days ago the side air bag came on and the next day it was off. I looked it up and now I think it's because of the srs light. How bad is this srs light on in my 2002 Accord?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The supplemental restraint system (SRS) light should come on momentarily when the ignition is turned on. It should then go out. If the light stays on continuously, there is a problem in the SRS system. The cause of the light could be anything from a failed clockspring to a faulty control module. However, one common problem with cars such as yours is the seat occupant sensor. This issue is so common that there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) on it, #SN030205. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair your SRS light.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr