Q: Engine codes detected were P0016 P0017 and P0174.

Hi Ben I need some assistance with engine trouble codes that came up during a diagnostic P0016 P0017 and P0174. I just got the can and crankshaft sensors replaced but ck engine light is still on. Wouldn't the mechanic have also ide tidied other issues during the inspection? I have no other recommendations from the mechanic for further repair and I know something is wrong.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The codes P0016 and P0017 are related to the crankshaft location and the camshaft location. Check the camshaft position sensor and see if its plugged in. If the wiring harness is in good shape and the wires are plugged in, then I recommend replacing the camshaft position sensor. The code P0174 is for the system being too lean on bank 2. This is caused by the fuel system not firing enough fuel or the timing is advanced too much causing the cylinder to get hotter than normal temperatures. If the camshaft position sensor is not functioning, then the timing will advance by the computer to ensure that the engine will run. If you need further assistance with your check engine light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.