Q: Is my gas meter broken?

I got it new this past August and I recently went on leave this past week but my last day here I noticed that my gas meter was saying my car was running out of gas quicker than normal which seemed odd because I was driving less so I brushed it off as maybe I was just over worked and not sleeping properly so I double checked how I locked the top back in place and when I got back Friday I did little driving and it's still telling me I'm using much more gas than I am driving. I'm thinking of going to get it looked at but if I can get some advice first that was be great.

This may be a result of a faulty fuel tanks sending unit. There is a small float type unit inside your fuel tank that monitors the fuel level inside the tank. When this is not working properly, this can cause the fuel gauge to read inaccurately or in some cases not read anything at all. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your fuel tank sending unit to properly diagnose and repair.