Door Won't Open from inside volkswagen eos 2008 l4-2.0l t...

Q: Door Won't Open from inside

When my passenger was getting out of my 2008 Volkswagen Eos, they noticed there was no resistance on the handle and would not open.It opens fine from the outside handle. What could be the problem?

The most likely answer is that the interior door handle has broken. The door handles are made of cheap plastic, and they have a small lever on the inside that pulls on a cable when you pull the latch. That lever will eventually break off leaving you stuck inside with only the option of rolling down the window and reaching outside to operate the door. It’s an easy fix, sometimes not even requiring removal of the interior trim panel. You just have to move the replacement part around like a bar puzzle to get it hooked up. If you don’t want to try this yourself, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to replace your door handle right there on the spot.