What is the Interior Door Handle all about?
The car has at least two door handles per door: one on the inside and another on the outside. Due to frequent use, they will eventually break down and could need repair. Sometimes the handle itself is fine, but there is a problem with the door latch assembly that prevents the door from shutting and locking properly.
Keep in mind:
- If your interior door handle is broken, there’s a possibility that your exterior door handle may also be damaged.
- Damage to your interior door handle can also mean damage to your door locking system.
How it's done:
- Remove the door panel to gain access.
- Remove and replace the broken door handle.
- Inspect door latch and replace if not working.
- Check door for proper operation.
- Reinstall door panel.
You should schedule an inspection anytime you notice something wrong with your interior door handle. If the door won’t open, if the handle feels loose, or if the handle feels like it’s going to break, get it checked out.
What common symptoms indicate you may need to replace the Interior Door Handle?
- Door will not open.
- Door will not shut.
How important is this service?
Your interior door handle is the only safe and reliable way to open your vehicle from the inside. If the handle doesn’t work, you’ll have to exit your vehicle through another door, or by rolling down your window and using the exterior door handle (if it is working).