Q: My battery light comes on when braking and every once in a while while driving?

asked by on March 24, 2017

When I'm braking my battery light comes on and comes on even once in a while when driving

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sounds like a battery terminal is loose and becomes slightly disconnected when the car is shifted forward during braking. Check the battery cables and make sure that they are tight on the battery terminals. If the battery cables are tight and clean, then there could be an issue with the brake light switch causing a short making the battery overload having the battery light come on. Check all of the wiring from the brake light switch to the brake lights. If there is no wiring issue, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your brake warning light issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr