Q: 04 Nissan car starts to overheat consistently at around 14-17km distance even after having the water pump and radiator replaced.

Car starts to overheat after driven 10 miles (Seems to be clockwork every time). Brought it to a mechanic and had the water pump and radiator replaced. Took the car home, the same overheat light came on again. My mechanic told me that the previous owner took the thermostat out to probably avoid overheating since the car doesn't have a temperature gauge in the dashboard. So I don't know what else can I do to rectify the overheating situation. Any suggestions?

Hi there. If the vehicle does not have a thermostat, it needs to have one installed. The cooling system, including the water pump and radiator is virtually useless unless the thermostat opens the radiator to allow coolant to flow through the water pump and to the engine. The best thing to do is have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is overheating inspection so they can provide you with advice on what repairs are needed to resolve this problem.

3. 04 Nissan car starts to overheat consistently at around 14-17km distance even after having the water pump and radiator replaced.