Q: False "open rear access door open" msg. And lights aren't coming on inside when rear door really does open? Can this be reset

When opened rear door on suburban the interior lights did not come on. When I shut the rear door, the "rear access door open" message stayed on despite door being shut. I did manually check it multiple times, cut vehicle on and off. Nothing resolved.

Hi Jasmine. Thanks for contacting us today. In most cases, this error message is activated when there is a failure of the rear door sensor. Sometimes an exposed electrical wire that is connected to the sensor can cause this to occur as well. It is probably a good idea to have a mechanic complete a warning light inspection, so they can determine what is causing this issue to occur, so the right repairs can be made.

3. False "open rear access door open" msg. And lights aren't coming on inside when rear door really does open? Can this be reset