Q: Fuel Fill Inlet issue.

asked by on September 14, 2017

Hello - Jay Safford answered a similar question - I have a 2012 Ford Explorer with 78,000 miles, and have the Fuel Fill Inlet issue. The check engine light is on as a result. This issue has to do with the flap that covers the gas tank opening. Ford replaced the cap with a spring loaded flap. However, sometimes the flap doesn't create a clean seal, causing vapors to escape. Based on online articles I've read, this is a common issue with this model. Ford has indicated that this repair is out of warranty for me. Can you provide an estimate on the cost to repair/replace for me? Thanks.

Hi Gary. Thanks for contacting us today. You are correct that this fuel inlet issue is a problem that is common with these Explorers. I’ve forwarded your request to our sales and service department, who should be contacting you directly via email with an estimate or instructions on how to book this service - assuming our mobile mechanics can complete this for you. You should hear back from them soon. Thanks!

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr