Q: Low beam doesn't work due to water damage

asked by on February 03, 2016

Water got into the driver's side headlight, and now the low beam light doesn't work. I replaced the bulb, but that didn't fix the problem. Could it be the wiring?

Lights (Headlamps/beams/brakes) Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The lighting system on this vehicle is computer controlled through a smart control box in the passenger compartment on the left side of a pilar. The water in the light could of shorted the module and burned out the module circuit. The only way to check is to scan the body control for problems and also check the head light wiring for power from the module. I recommend you have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic inspect your headlights for you to see what repairs are needed.