Q: Windshield wiper motor broken

asked by on February 26, 2016

The windshield wiper motor is broken.

Wipers are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Windshield Wiper Motor Replacement $160.75 - $797.29 Get a Quote

The issue may be with the wiper transmission linkage rather than the motor itself. I have seen this issue before. The plastic linkage bushings crack and the wipers will not move. A quick way to determine if this is the case would be to listen for the motor turning. If you can’t hear or see the motor moving, check the fuse first. If the fuse is ok, the problem could be the switch, wiring, or the motor. A trained technician, like one from YourMechanic, could easily diagnose your wiper issue and replace the wiper motor to confirm if this is the problem.