Q: What gauges and readouts can be found in the instrument cluster?

What gauges and readouts can be found in the instrument cluster?

A: The center of your driver side console is f...

The center of your driver side console is filled with gauges, meters and readouts that provide you with vital information about the car. Understanding the information found here will help keep you safe and secure while on the road, and also give you information about anything going on with the car. Here’s a look at what you’ll find in the instrument cluster:

• Tachometer: This tells you how fast the engine is spinning. If the needle moves into the red zone, the situation is becoming dangerous.

• Speedometer: This tells you how fast you’re traveling. It offers both miles per hour and kilometers per hour (the inner and outer rings of numbers).

• Temperature Gauge: This tells you the temperature of the engine coolant. It should remain roughly in the middle during normal operation. If it edges into the red, the engine is about to overheat.

• Fuel Gauge: This tells you how much gas is left in the tank, as well as the side of the car where the fuel door can be found.

• Trip Information Display: This gives you information about your mileage and other trip specific data.

• Shift Indicator Lights: This tells you what gear the transmission is in currently.

• Odometer and Trip Meter: This lets you see how many miles are on the engine, as well as the trip mileage (you have two trip meters that can be reset independently).

• Reset Button: This lets you reset the two trip meters to 0.