Q: I was driving and my car made a weird noise and white smoke started coming out the engine and when I turn on the car it shakes rea

asked by on June 15, 2017

I was driving on the highway going at least 80mph around 5pm and all of a sudden it made a weird noise and white smoke started coming out the hood. And when I turn it on it shakes really bad

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Once the car engine is completely cool, I would check the coolant level in the radiator and the reserve tank. If the level is low, you may have had a sudden leak of coolant. In that scenario, the white smoke was simply the cloud of water vapor that was created when the coolant hit hot parts of the engine and instantly vaporized. If you suspect a coolant leak, simply request a coolant leak diagnostic. Alternatively, if you do find that the radiator is full and the reserve tank is not empty, you should request a rough running diagnostic. Either way, the responding mechanic will get the issue pinpointed and let you know of the required repairs and the cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr