Q: How do i unlock my 2001 nissan altima steering wheel

asked by on March 12, 2017

My steering wheel will not unlock and it's been locked since yesterday my ignition also will not turn as well.I had it towed to the mechanic and he still cant unlock it how is it done?

Hi there. You may want to have the mechanic read this article on some possible ways to unlock the steering wheel. In most cases, the issue is caused by a malfunction within the ignition lock cylinder (where the key is inserted). When you have a situation where both the ignition and steering wheel are both locked, it’s usually caused by a damaged ignition lock cylinder.