Q: Stalling issue due to engine flooding

I’ve been having a stalling issue, caused by engine flooding. I noticed this the first time I ran through a bottle of deep Lucas clean fuel system added to a full tank. Any ideas if these are related?

If there was no problem and you put the cleaner in, then yes. It can create problems, because if you have a bunch of crud in your gas tank, the cleaner will soak up that crud and run it through.

A lot of times, it will clog up the fuel filter, so the first thing that I tell you to do is change the fuel filter. That might solve all your problems. If it doesn’t, I can’t see a cleaner doing any serious problem because all it will do is clean. But it can clog up the fuel filter since there is a lot of clogged up gas, and if that’s the case, I advise you have your fuel tank removed and steam cleaned out to get all the crud out. You might have a bunch of crud in there. If you want to have this inspected by a certified mechanic in person, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your stalling issue and let you know what exactly what should be repaired.