Q: Stalling issue due to engine flooding

I’ve been having a stalling issue, caused by engine flooding. I noticed this the first time I ran through a bottle of deep Lucas clean fuel system added to a full tank. Any ideas if these are related?

If there was no problem and you put the cleaner in, then yes. It can create problems, because if you have a bunch of crud in your gas tank, the cleaner will soak up that crud and run it through.

A lot of times, it will clog up the fuel filter, so the first thing that I tell you to do is change the fuel filter. That might solve all your problems. If it doesn’t, I can’t see a cleaner doing any serious problem because all it will do is clean. But it can clog up the fuel filter since there is a lot of clogged up gas, and if that’s the case, I advise you have your fuel tank removed and steam cleaned out to get all the crud out. You might have a bunch of crud in there. If you want to have this inspected by a certified mechanic in person, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your stalling issue and let you know what exactly what should be repaired.

3. Stalling issue due to engine flooding