2001 focus crank no start, engine light is on, cannot hea...

Q: 2001 focus crank no start, engine light is on, cannot hear fuel pump, scanned car and no codes found, is the fuel pump still bad?

asked by on March 12, 2018

2001 focus 2.0 just got it and its been sitting for 3 month. so the seller said needs to be timed, so i timed it. it cranks but no start still, it has spark. engine light is still on also. So went to check fuel, and cannot here the fuel pump motor, only some humming sound near the front of car. I scanned the car for codes, and came back as 0 codes found. So Im pretty sure the pump needs to be replaced, but dont know why theres no codes coming up? Any thoughts or suggestions? THANKS

Hey Dion. Thanks for the question tonight. In most cases a when a fuel pump is not working, but not indicating an OBD-II trouble code, it’s mechanical. Most trouble codes related to the fuel pump indicate electrical faults. It’s possible that your fuel pump is damaged or the inner seals have dried.