Q: Oil leaking onto exhaust

I have an oil leak coming out of the oil pan and dripping onto the exhaust. I also have a brake light coming on.

A: Hi. If your oil is dripping onto your exhau...

Hi. If your oil is dripping onto your exhaust, I suspect that the leak may not be coming from the oil pan, as the oil pan is usually below the exhaust. A certified mechanic can inspect the oil leak and tell you where exactly the leak is coming from. As for the brake system, a brake light coming on may be indicative of a problem with the brake system, perhaps the need for new pads, or another problem. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the brake system to reveal what is causing the light issue.