Q: Rattling while accelerating

The car is making a rattling noise when I am accelerating under certain conditions. It is not rattling all of the time, but seems to be getting worse.

A: Hi. This issue can be one of many things. F...

Hi. This issue can be one of many things. From detonation occurring in your engine, a timing belt needing to be replaced, a faulted catalytic converter, or an issue with fuel that is in your vehicle. More information about when the rattling occurs would be helpful. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect the car’s rattling issue to determine what is causing this trouble.