Q: Rattling while accelerating

The car is making a rattling noise when I am accelerating under certain conditions. It is not rattling all of the time, but seems to be getting worse.

Hi. This issue can be one of many things. From detonation occurring in your engine, a timing belt needing to be replaced, a faulted catalytic converter, or an issue with fuel that is in your vehicle. More information about when the rattling occurs would be helpful. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect the car’s rattling issue to determine what is causing this trouble.

3. Rattling while accelerating