Q: Air conditioning makes whirring noise

There is a whirring sound when I turn on the air conditioning.

Hi there. Depending on where the noise is occurring, this will help determine what is causing it. If the noise is coming from under the hood, then it is the compressor. It is common for the AC compressor shaft bearing to fail and cause this noise when the AC is turned on. If the noise is coming from inside of the car, then it may be the blower motor. The blower motor can fail and also cause this noise. A mechanic would listen to the noise so that they can isolate the location of the noise. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the noises and repair anything that is found to be failing.