Q: Do differential and gearbox use the same fluid on a 2000 Toyota Corolla?

When I changed the gearbox fluid, I asked about differential fluid and they told me that both things use the same fluid, meaning the differential is incorporated in the gearbox. Is it true or are they being lazy? It's a 2000 Toyota Corolla 1.4.

No, they are telling you the truth. If it was a ’92, then yes. They had differential oil on one place and other oil on another. But on yours, it’s all the same fluid. They are telling you the truth and weren’t lying.

3. Do differential and gearbox use the same fluid on a 2000 Toyota Corolla?