Q: Car died would not start again and makes a loud screeching sound. Could it be the timing belt?

Car died would not start again & makes a loud screeching sound now hasn't started again,how to tell if timing belt is out

Hi there. Check the drive belt to the vehicle. The drive belt is making the squealing noise on startup. If the timing belt broke, there would be no squealing noise, either a binding noise as the engine locks the pistons against a valve that is open on interference engines or a thumping noise as the crankshaft spins on a noninterference engine. A pulley that has a bearing going out or an accessory that is seizing up will overload a drive belt causing it to squeal. As far as the engine not starting up, check the three essentials that the engine must have. Check the air filter for if its dirty, the spark plugs for spark, and the fuel injectors or carburetor for proper fuel injection. If you need further assistance with the noise you are hearing during startup, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Car died would not start again and makes a loud screeching sound. Could it be the timing belt?